Saturday, April 28, 2007

I can see for miles and miles

Today I told myself multiple times to just "shutup and ride". I thought about how boring the Interstate travel is, who tired I was, how hot and thirsty I was. Then I remembered that I am in the middle of experiencing a dream and as Kirk wrote me in a letter last night this trip is not just about arriving in Boston but savoring, as much is possible each mile.

Today we rode 127 miles and tomorrow is over 140 miles then 130 miles the next. So far we have ridden almost 700 miles in 6 days so needless to say I am totally waxed (tired).

Interstate travel requires much more attention and so we don't get to joke as much. David a triathlete from Florida keeps all of us laughing with his impersonations of Tour de France commentator Phil Ligget.

If you are praying for me I would really appreciate prayer to be able to sleep better. I love you all. RGL

2 comments:

MK said...

Rob, I will pray specifically for you to sleep better! Mike wonders out loud every day "I wonder how my buddy Rob is doing." We are in awe of your aspiration - you are doing it!!! Holly

MK said...

Stump, when you get tired just remember the time when we were young lions in the squat rack. Pain was never an issue. MK

 

Flower Delivery Online
Web Counters