Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Big day ahead

Yesterday's rest day was well documented on David's site so I encourage you to check it out. The only significant item not on David's blog would be an incredible time I had sharing God's good plan of abundant life and salvation with another rider. As much as I am enjoying riding my carbon fiber horse I think sharing God's love was even more exciting!

I hang and ride mostly with Ian, David and Judd. Ian is originally from Britain but now lives out east. We share the same faith and speak and encourage one another often. David is the consummate cyclist as he rides impeccably, points out dangers, drinks water even at night and pretty much controls what goes on in each group we are riding in. He also has the ability to make me laugh so hard I can't pedal for 1 minute periods. Judd is the young stud of the group. He has the ability to ride a rickshaw faster than I can pedal my race bike.

Tomorrow is 145 miles of Missouri hills. I counted at least 52 significant hills on the profile. I'm sure there are even more... I get to see Jess and the kids in only 3 days in Springfield IL and Tracy and Patrick are coming up to Quincy on Friday to share a meal...hopefully Patrick will offer to pay for it ;)

1 comment:

Suz said...

Rob...died laughing last night at Dave's site. Made my day!! I've relived many experiences on the wilderness trip we were on together...how do you think up the things you do? :) Had an awesome prayer time for you yesterday...the one thing I know for sure is...you and those on your team were not put togther by "accident"...keep sharing the faith. Blessings - Suzie

 

Flower Delivery Online
Web Counters