Friday, May 18, 2007

Only a week more :(

I don't ever want this to end and I can't wait to go home. I'm having a wonderful time being a "professional" cyclist but as Boston approaches I get more excited to return back to Marion and be a dad, husband, PT and friend.

We have traveled through most of Ohio since I last updated. The theme that marks the last 3 days is headwinds. For you cyclist that read this you know that riding into a head wind usually provides you with a nice return home tailwind. When you go point to point you don't get that. Tomorrow is 137 miles to Dunkirk NY and it sounds like we are going to have our first tailwind in a week!!

Last night I read a letter in my journal. It was written by Libby. Nothing makes my heart jump like something from Lib other than her other siblings! She told me she was proud of me and has her self decided to reach for a dream. I prayed for her to have a dream that would be a blessing to her and that would expand God's good kingdom.

As you know of the 30 people on this trip only 6 are in 3 to a room arrangements. To tell you how simple me and my roommates are I'll share this. Today when Bob walked into the room he sees that in place of a fold up roll away 'bed' there was a true twin bed. Bob let out a big whoooo, high fived me and said, "How good can it get?"

For all of you who were scared I would look like a I had a tape worm when I was done with the ride I'll have you know that when I weighed at the gym where Matt Kinsall does personal training I had gained 10 lbs. I have been trying to keep up with David on the eating mileage and this has obviously paid off.

Tonight we are in Niles Ohio birthplace of William McKinley the 25th president of the United States. I went to his national library where I saw a bunch of busts of prominent Ohio men. I know this sounds crazy but I had two thoughts when I looked at them: 1. All of us are going to die someday. 2. Life is well spent investing our selves in others and in eternity

Yesterday when it was raining and cold the first 20 miles of the ride I sang a song that our worship leader at church wrote. "Everything that you have made reminds me of you.
In all of your creation your glory shines through.
Your promises reflected in the things you've put in place.
When I feel the rain upon my face, I think of drops of grace."

Thanks for reading and for all your support. Remember Jess is the real hero of this great adventure. Can you imagine letting me go for 4 weeks? I think I'm married to a saint. This is not to mention how difficult I am to live with. I love you Jessie, see you soon.

1 comment:

MK said...

Rob, you made me cry after reading this post! Good tears...I came up to my office to see if you had any updates because I needed a little boost to get me through my run today and I got it! We had a good laugh from a friend last night...she was bragging about how she is trying to get into shape and how she was so proud of herself for riding the bike "all day" long. Mike and I asked her in unison "how long?" and when she retorted - "30 minutes" Mike and I both busted out laughing and told her about you riding across the COUNTRY! You are expanding God's Kingdom in a way you probably don't even know....by the end of the conversation with her Mike told her how much he looks up to you and your faith and how you have inspired him to expand his faith. You and Jess are both saints and I am sure she is counting down the minutes until she gets to have you home! I am sure she can not do as much damage as I can do when Mike is gone. He left town last weekend (which he rarely does) and in that short time I managed to ruin both of his lawn mowers, run over the pipe that feeds our sprinkler system and had water EVERYWHERE! Kobey and I are eternally grounded from the lawnmowers. Thoughts and prayers to you and the family. Holly K

 

Flower Delivery Online
Web Counters