Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Some Notes For Those Who Are Just Joining Us

A few weeks ago I forced- er, suggested to my girlfriend that we watch “The Empire Strikes Back” together. Since she had never seen any of the “Star Wars” movies (yep, she’s the one that hasn’t) I had to give her some background information, and let her in on how the whole thing works.
Fast forward to the last two weeks. I’ve been bumping into a few F.O.R’s (friends of Rob’s) around town- grocery store, gym, county jail, etc. and have been telling them about the his progress as well as the blog. As a matter of fact, I’ve been giving out the blog’s web address so much that I’m considering just printing up business cards- much like Rob did at time. See, it all comes back to Rob (“never had to walk away from”).
With that being said, it occurred to me that much like my “Star Wars” explanation, it might be appropriate to point out few things to those just joining us.


*Lot’s of visitors- Over 1,600 at the time of this posting.

*Check out the links- Go to the right of the page if you want to see where the man is today, or anytime during the ride. Also, check out Dave’s page. It’s where I get all my material from (what- you didn’t think I was above plagiarizing did ya?).

*DON’T BE AFRAID TO GIVE MONEY. THAT’S CCCCAAAASSSSSHHHH MONEY!!!!!
That’s right folks. Some of you have mentioned that you didn’t know he was raising money for the M.S. Society. Well, now you do and HERE is the link (also in the links section on the right of the page).
He had a goal of $7210 and is currently at a great total of $8681!!!!. As fantastic as that is, how great would it be for him to come home to a total of $9000. Com’on folks, if you haven’t given yet, please do.

*Lastly, please leave comments. He reads them every chance he gets and cherishes every single one. As I’m sure you’re aware this is not only a physically strenuous challenge, but a mental one as well. He has clearly expressed that your words (and especially prayers) of encouragement, love and wit are the true fuel that keeps his legs pumping.

-Kirk



2 comments:

Suz said...

Good grief Rob...some of those hills today....how do you do it? If it was me...I would be walking my bike to the top!! :)
I give the "Rob Report" every evening before bed to my family!! Can't tell you how fun it is to "feel a part" of this through yours and David's posts. Thanks for taking the time to share with all of us! Blessings as you ride on! Suzie

Rob G. I drink water said...

Thanks Suzie. By the way I have been encouraged many times by Psalm 18 and had shared your story with many of my riding friends

 

Flower Delivery Online
Web Counters