Saturday, May 5, 2007

No red slippers for me

I needed little motivation to click by cycling shoes together with my buddies and quickly ride the 87 miles into Great Bend Kansas today. We awoke to and rode in 25-35 mph winds coming out of the south. We were told that around noon more severe weather was on the way. David, Judd and I stomped the pedals and got to the hotel as quick as possible. We were ahead of the support van all day so we skipped lunch opting for some bananas and granola bars on the fly. Thank goodness the only thing we had to fight was a cross wind (we were riding to the east and the wind was from the south). Cross winds tend to move a bike around like a fat man moves a buffet.

As you may know Kansas was hit by a series of tornados. A town 40 miles away from where we stayed last night was hit by a tornado that was over 1 mile wide. Tomorrow has the threat of more severe weather. Hopefully we will get to ride tomorrow.

I have been priviledged to share my relationship with Jesus with a couple of the other riders. As I shared earlier, this ride has really made me more aware of my deep need for the Lord and so thankful for his love and hope that flows into me and hopefully flows out of me. Each night I continue to read one of the letters that you have written to me in the journal Jess created for me. This is the highlight of each night and I get so excited to open each letter. Thank you for your encouragement and prayers.

YES I DO READ THE POSTS! Leave more!

"Every one can make a difference, every man should try."
-JFK

7 comments:

Markley's said...

Hey Rob our family is praying for your safety and will be continuing to check your blogsite for news. Hannah is coming home tonight and prom last night was a blast. I stayed the night at your house and ate your food in the morning. (It was so good!) God bless, Markley's

MK said...

Go Rob! We are thinking of you everyday and praying for you often! Mike would say something too, but he's too busy rambling around the kitchen...imagine that! Holly K

Rick J said...

Hey Rob, great to see you guys doing well. Don't run over Toto in Kansas, I know how you love dogs chasing you on your bike!! Spees put me on to this, and I am glad he did! Good luck to you all, and always remain SSSSo Cool!!
Love ya!
Rick J

Davilyn said...

Hey Rob,hope you are doing well tonite.You are truly an inspiration to us all.My prayers are with you and the rest of your buddies.Take care,luvya,Davilyn

Marge said...

Rob - I didn't know you were doing this, but I do now, and I wish you great weather and great rides! Bravo to you for riding in such windy weather! I'll be thinking of you tommorrow and in the days to come when I'm indoors, at work, looking out the window wishing I was on my bike. Have Fun!

Linda said...

I had you in school when you were in Jr. High. I was Linda lunch. How proud your parent have to be to have a wonderful young man like you. God Bless you and keep you on your ride. I'm in Florida now but still keep up with the news back home. Be safe and I will keep you in my prayers Linda Litton-Davis

Elmer & Sue Ann said...

Hay, Rob! Hello from sunny Arizona! When God places a dream in your heart and a song in your spirit, well...there is nothing better than livin' out your dream, is there? Blessings of traveling mercies as you ride! Sue Ann

 

Flower Delivery Online
Web Counters