Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Just like my Jesus

I wanted to tell you another incredible aspect of this ride. As you know I am one of six men out of 30 who is in a triple room. Last night was my night on the roll away bed. When it was brought to the room I pointed out that several springs were missing and that the wire that should support the bed was hanging down below the mattress. After initially telling me that the bed was "what is available" he told me he would "see what I can do". I went down to the restaurant to eat in the mean time. Daniel the hotel worker came to the table where I was sitting with my friends and hands me a key to my own room.

Today when I went up town to get a haircut and get my chops straightened in downtown Keene NH (The movie Jamangi was filmed here) I told the female barber (by the way this is the first time I have ever had a female barber and today was the first time I ever saw two women kissing intimately )about my dream and how tomorrow it will culminate with me reaching the Atlantic ocean. When I got up from the chair she told me the cut was "on the house" because she had never met anyone who had fulfilled their dream like this. I went across the street and got her a card and some candy that read, "Life is short, make it sweet." In the card I wrote the Proverb, "She who refreshes others will herself be refreshed." When I gave it to her I got a hug and good luck wish. Anyway, I share this just so you know how BLESSED I have been on this trip. These types of serendipitous blessings have happened dozes of times on this trip. "For it is by grace..." Ephesians 2:8a

No comments:

 

Flower Delivery Online
Web Counters