Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Dorthy can have Kansas

As most of you are already aware we brought some crazy weather into Kansas w/ us. Tornados within 30 miles of our hotel on Saturday and within 3 miles on Sunday. Sunday's ride from Great Bend to Abilene was 130 miles of which over 70 miles were in the rain. We were pulled from the road 3 x to avoid imminent danger from thunder and possible tornados. The wonderful thing about it was that I felt so alive experiencing the ride in this way. None of the riders complained, they just rode along in the rain and made the best of it when we were told to take shelter in a Farmer's home or convenience store. About 20 of us were holed up in a convenience store for an hour at one point. Some took naps, others played Suduku and we all drank something HOT!

Yesterday on the way from Abilene to Topeka the sun shined on my shoulder and I sang a David Crowder lyric to myself, "I'm alive, I'm alive, I'm Alive, I'm Alive."

Keep Dreaming friends, it is so wonderful when you get to realize them.

You might want to check David's web site tonite. He devoted an entire page to a skill I have honed over the years w/ a lot of influence from Mikey Koechner.

http://davidacrossamerica.blogspot.com

1 comment:

MK said...

Rob, Just read the other blog as you suggested. I think you have surpassed Mike on the "Rob-ing." I am still laughing! Glad you can do all of that in a day's time and still find your humor...you need it! HK

 

Flower Delivery Online
Web Counters