Tuesday, May 1, 2007

1000+ miles in 8 days...

We are out of the mountains as of today and will begin to ride into the plains tomorrow. I'm fighting a little tendonitis and fatigue but over all I am enjoying the journey.

As some of you may know I chose the 3 to a room option for economy purposes. It certainly is a challenge to have that many men and bikes in a hotel room. The biggest challenge though might be the nightly "concert" that 3 men put on after having eaten 2-3 x as many calories in unfamilar places. Although I know Jess won't believe it I think my roomates make my frequecy of passing gas make me look like a minor leaguer.

Lots of guys are waiting for this computer so I'll sign off. Thanks for reading and keep on dreaming. This "dream ride" is so tough and tiring but totally worth the sacrifice.

Rob

6 comments:

Paula and Chuck said...

Rob,
Got a note from you Mom this morning. She's flustrated because she can't write to you because she doesn't have a "google" account.
I've written her back and tried to walk her through it, but I'll also help her if I need to, by setting up an account for her. Don't fret, you'll be hearing from her soon. Just know she is so proud of you!!!
Have a great day! Warming up, so drink lots of water!!!! Opps, just sounded like a Mom. Sorry
Prayers and Hugs, Paula

MK said...

Rob, before we read this post today, we discussed at dinner last night why you chose to room with 2 other guys! We are getting a good laugh right now. We are keeping you in our prayers and thoughts. I guess if you are hitting the plains it won't be that much longer until you get to see Jess and the kids. I am sure that will refresh you for the rest of the ride. Glad that MK is not there to add to the concert....I think I would sleep outside!!! Holly

Ally Gough, Robby's Cousin!!! said...

Dear Rob, my cousin, I am so proud of you!!! I am truly inspired by your words in regards to your journey. I laughed and I teared up because my heart is just filled with so much joy that you are doing this for not only yourself and your passion, but also for one of the most important people in my and all of our lives, AUNT MARY! Keep ridin'--you are an inspiration to so many (I am sure) as well as to me!! I tell everyone that I talk to what you are doing. One of my patients, from Marion, IL (whose wife met A. Mary at the salon prior to hear husband's TKA) saw you on the news the other night. I shouted, "that's my cousin, can ya believe that!" We laughed so hard b/c of my enthusiasm. Rob, You are a good man with much strength and I am just so impressed with your endeavor. Love ya, Cuz!!!

MK said...

Does anyone know if Rob gets to read these posts?

Anonymous said...

Rob...

Thought I'd give you some good news while on your trip. Leslie and I are going to be parents. We found out early this week. Well... enjoy the plains

Steven

Kirk said...

MK-
(and if you're Mike Koshener, my brother Eric says "Hi") He can read the comments just as anyone else can, I'm just not sure he knows about them. I'll post about it to make sure.
-Kirk

 

Flower Delivery Online
Web Counters