Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The experience of a lifetime on my dream ride!

Today was another one of those days when everything was perfect. The scent in the air, the sun on my shoulder and excellent friends to ride with. We rode out of NY into Vermont and then New Hampshire. Along one long climb I stopped and dipped my body in a cold mountain stream, exhilarating! Talking about climbs we had a 2 miler, 3 miler and 10 miler. I really enjoy the mountains for many reasons. At the top you get a beautiful view, the challenge of conquering the hill and especially the screaming decent. (Jess don't read this part it will make you nervous.) Today Judd and I had a top speed of over 51 mph on one hill. When we see a truck on a cheese slice (Downhill sign) we all get excited.

Tomorrow is the last day of this wonderful adventure. 125 miles and then we will be to the Atlantic.

Thanks for reading,
Rob

"The Sovereign Lord is my strength, he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights." Habakkuk 3:19

2 comments:

Kirk said...

The only person I know who quotes the book of Habakkuk.

Tracy said...

Rick Johnson! I was so surprised to see your comment. I would love to chat with you. E-mail me: tracy_landes@yahoo.com

 

Flower Delivery Online
Web Counters