Sunday, May 20, 2007

What a glorious day today!

I think I had one of the nicest rides I have ever experienced in my life on Saturday. We rode 137 miles from Niles, OH to Dunkirk, NY. The temperature was 68 degrees, sky azure blue, wind at our back and Lake Erie off to the north displaying many shades of blue. We had great conversation, stopped by an old light house for pictures and went to a winery to sample some of the local wines.
Last night at the restaurant a local lady came up to our group and told us we had "tight [butts]" (edited for appropriateness). She said that the guys down in the "ghetto" sit on their butts all day so they are all flat back there. Just another benefit of cycling... a nice rounded and firm behind;)

"The Sovereign Lord is my strength. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer. He enables me to go on the heights." Habakuk 3:19

I meditated on this scripture for a good part of the day yesterday after Todd Vaughn sent it to me. The Lord does seem to give me physical strength when I really need it, more importantly I feel his strength to make good decisions and encourage others. I hope you are encouraged today. Check David's sight for some great pics of y-day.

Rob

No comments:

 

Flower Delivery Online
Web Counters